Pages

April 17, 2012

Seven Reasons Why I Love Construction

1. The hole in the top of the ladder that holds your drill for you.


2. Weird little things you can't explain but you know there's some handy use for them. There has to be.



3. Chop saws. Or miter saws. Or whatever cool name they have to describe whirling teeth discs that eat wood for breakfast.


4. Mr. UpCountry's ability to build things. He never ceases to amaze me. Google taught him everything!


5. Ladders. Apparently. Because this is the third picture of a ladder and I'm well aware that there's another one on the way.


6. Big rolls of plastic.


7. And... another ladder. I like climbing on ladders. I'm not afraid of heights and it makes me feel so much more powerful. At 5'3", I don't feel vertically awesome very often.



My parents oversaw the building of our house when I was a pre-teen, so I'm no stranger to construction. Only in the last year or so, however, have I really been turned on to it. I'm so proud of us, that we're able to piece together the things that we need (what am I saying... Mr. UpCountry does it all... I just hold things up and fit into small spaces when needed).

We have a lot of projects to do around the house this summer and I'm looking forward to watching the place grow and be polished around us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment