Pages

April 14, 2012

Listen Here: Spring 2012: Volume I

Photo by Kyle Foster, one of my closest friends
Music means a lot to me, so periodically I will be providing recommendations of musicians and bands that I think need to be checked out by readers, especially readers that have exactly the same taste in music as I do. I don't link to YouTube videos on UpCountry, because I don't want to step on any toes (especially that guy Copyright Infringement).

Instead, I'll just give you their names! And guess what! (What?) The name is a link to their website!
[Phew. So excited about this.]

If you want to hear something new and you have a few extra moments to do the research, then here are some suggestions. I'd make it easier on you, but that would make me a responsible party. I fling culpability away from me! Ack!

So, for Spring 2012: Volume I, we have:

Jacob Augustine
This guy blew my mind. At the least, a serious peak of endorphins likely altered my brain's chemistry forever. I'd never heard of him before last fall, but upon hearing his song "High Water," I made an effort to go see him at the Port City Music Hall in Portland, ME. I was stunned. I don't understand how this man doesn't have white peacocks in his yard and too many cars already.

A.A. Bondy
A.A. Bondy doesn't seem to be doing too much touring right now, but that doesn't mean you can't check out his studio releases. I would recommend (at the least) the song "How Will You Meet Your End?" on the album American Hearts. The mp3 is available here. I am not an affiliate of Amazon, so I don't make any money off of your sale.

Tumbleweed Company
I saw Tumbleweed Company at Guthrie's in Lewiston, ME this past winter. I love the organ. There can never be enough organ!  I suggest you listen to "Lay Down My Worries" to hear what I'm talking about.


So there you have it, San Francisco! (and, ugh, other places...) (I don't know why I said that. It sounded like such a classy sign-off.)

If you take the time to check them out, please leave a comment to let me know what you thought and also, leave a comment on their sites or pages to keep encouraging them to make music!

Many thanks!


0 comments:

Post a Comment